Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My Experience on the #westedchat Twitter Chat

After participating in my first Twitter Chat (#westedchat), my first reaction was, "Thank goodness an hour doesn't go that fast all the time!! It took some time to figure out how to navigate around on the Tweet Deck because I had never used it before.  Once I saw the stream of communication from those involved, I was able to see where people were logging in from and their responses to the questions.  There were times I saw only the responses and not the questions.  I learned quickly I needed to pay attention and stay on my toes! It was difficult to sit back and not want to jump in but then needed to figure out how. Once I found how to post within the conversation, I was able to also answer the questions.  It was fun to see other educators' thoughts and opinions on various topics through the teacher's voice. The "experienced Twitter Chatters" would also post links or articles that had a connection to the question at hand. I am not an experienced "Twitter Chatter" yet, but enjoyed being able to give my two cents within a group of professional educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment