Tuesday, March 3, 2015

How Has Technology Changed Your Teaching?

Growing up with the "typewriter," I never dreamt that the world would have the amount of online resources we have today or to what extent the amount of tools and technology would be available within the classroom.  Because of how ever-changing technology is each day, we will always be behind in knowing and understanding how to use the newest tools. However, I use more technology in the classroom today than I used five to twenty years ago. In the past I would have designed lesson plans, with the use of no technology, that were "sit and get" lessons for the students.
(I'm sorry to all my former students!!)

When planning lessons today, I look for technological ways I can present a lesson, build background knowledge and provide students options on how they can digitally present their understanding and/or submit their assignments online.

I have a lot yet to learn, but never would be where I am today without professional development and taking ED 521 - Integrating Technology into Teaching and Learning through Minot State University.

No comments:

Post a Comment