Sunday, February 22, 2015

Views Regarding Twitter

I have to admit, when I first saw Twitter I thought, "What is the purpose of this??" I did not understand the concept of "hashtags" nor how Twitter could possibly be the number one learning tool within the online world.  I wondered, "What is there to learn by seeing a post such as #read?" I still am not convinced that I thoroughly understand how to use or understand hashtags, but I have seen some benefits in using Twitter.

One benefit I have seen in using Twitter is being able to follow individual people who have a wealth of information on particular topics.  They share their information by posting quotes and links to other resources and/or people. I have also found it beneficial to follow online resources and organizations especially within the field of education. Some of these resources may include journal articles of the most current researched based instructional strategies.

I am still trying to grasp how to use and understand the concept of hashtags. However, I appreciate the opportunity in being able to receive information from from other professionals with the field of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment